Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Learning Colors - Pink

This week we are focusing on the color pink. We gathered things around the house that are pink and added them to our pink bucket. (Thankfully I have a lot more pink things around the house since Hannah was born!)


We also added a pink scoop to our color cone!


For our craft we made flowers out of paper muffin cups.

Supplies used: White and green construction paper, pink muffin cups, glue and glue stick, and mustard seeds.


I had Caleb put glue on the bottom of the muffin cups and glue them to the white paper. Then he added glue to the cut out stems and leaves and glued those down, too.




Next I had him take a q-tip, dip it in some white glue, and spread it around on the inside of each cup. Then he poured out some mustard seeds into each cup and we shook the paper around to make sure they spread evenly and stuck to the glue.



And here is our finished craft! I think it turned out really cute. I wish I had been able to find some brighter pink muffin cups, as these are so pale that when I asked him what color they were, he kept saying white.



He was a bit upset that our craft was over so quickly, so I decided to throw a little fine motor skill into our pink lesson. I took some pink puff balls I got from the craft store, poured them in a bowl, and gave him a measuring spoon and a pink cup and let him play. He played for quite a while, spooning the puffs from one container to the other and pouring them back in. Who'd have thought something so simple would be so entertaining?



Then we finished off our lesson with some pink snacks! Kiwi Strawberry Vitamin Water, strawberry yogurt (to be eaten with a pink spoon), and some pink frosted animal crackers! (There really aren't that many pink foods to choose from!)

2 comments:

  1. Erin,

    I LOVE it! Looking at your weeks make me wish we would have taken the colors and Days of creation much slower! Oh well, maybe with my baby ;-) I am adding you to my blogs so that I can "steal" all of your awesome ideas!!

    Thanks,
    Gator Mommy (also, Erin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am loving your blog as well! I've been following it since I decided to do the ABCJLM curriculum. Thanks for your wonderful ideas! I may be "stealing" yours, too! :)

    ReplyDelete