Sunday, August 21, 2011

Creation Day 5 - Birds and Fish

On the fifth day of creation, we learn that God creates the fish of the sea and birds of the air.  For this day's craft, we made homemade bird feeders.

Supplies used: Pine cones (my neighbor has a pine tree that we were able to take a couple from), peanut butter, bird seed, and ribbon.


I tied the ribbon around the top of the pine cone and put some peanut butter and birdseed in bowls. Caleb had me spread most of the peanut butter on the pine cones for him.



He liked rolling the pine cones in the birdseed.


All ready to hang outside!


For a snack today I made a Jello "fishbowl".

Supplies used: Berry Blue Jello, Swedish Fish, and clear plastic cups.


I followed the instructions on the box to make the jello and poured the liquid into the plastic cups. I put them in the refrigerator and let them sit for about 30 minutes before I put the fish into the cup so it was set enough that they wouldn't just fall to the bottom of the cup. I put them back in the fridge to continue setting and then they were ready to enjoy!


*Note: It's best that you eat these as soon as they are done setting (according to the box, about 4 hours). We waited almost a full 24 hours after I made them and by that time the fish had started to disintegrate and were completely mushy and disgusting (though Caleb didn't complain one bit!).


No comments:

Post a Comment