Sunday, August 21, 2011

Creation Day 4 - Sun, Moon, and Stars

Today we made a mobile to represent the 4th day of creation.

Supplies used: Construction paper, crayons and markers, ribbon, and a glue stick.

First I drew a sun, moon, and stars onto white construction paper. (An artist, I am not.)


Then I gave Caleb all the yellow crayons and markers I could find and let him color away. He asked me to color with him, so of course I couldn't turn him down! :)



After he was done with coloring, I cut out all of the shapes. Then I took a black piece of construction paper and cut it in half length-wise. I took the two pieces and glued them together to make one long strip. Next, I cut varying lengths of ribbon and Caleb glued the sun, moon, and stars to them.


Then I had him glue the ribbon pieces to the black strip of paper and add extra glue so everything would be hidden when we folded the paper length-wise.


Then I made the paper into a circle, glued the ends together, and added ribbon to the top so it could hang.



He's already reaching for the stars! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment