Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Creation Day 1 - Light

To go along with the first day of creation, we made a light box.

Supplies needed: Shoebox, scissors or knife, flashlight

First, I cut holes in the shoebox using a knife. I cut them on opposite sides from each other so the flashlight wasn't shining directly in Caleb's eyes.


I then had Caleb look inside and asked him what he saw. He responded, "It's dark.".




Then I had him put the flashlight in the opposite hole and had him turn it on. "It's light now!", he said.


I explained to him that before the earth was created that there was only darkness, but on that first day that God created light. His favorite thing to do was to say, "Let there be light!", and then turn the flashlight on.

After he got a little bored with the box, I had him do a coloring page for the day.



And of course it is now proudly displayed on our school wall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment