Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This blog will be following our adventures as I homeschool our children.

First, let me introduce myself and my family:

I am a wife and mother of three beautiful children and am an accountant turned stay-at-home mom. I am the daughter of a (now retired) elementary school teacher and many of my homeschooling ideas will be inspired by her. I enjoy reading, traveling, cross-stitching, and one of my newer hobbies is saving money through couponing.

My wonderful husband is a manager for a large multi-national corporation. He is an amazing provider and spiritual leader for our family. He is a super handyman who can do practically anything around the house and on our vehicles. He has saved us tons of money on house remodeling projects by doing all the work himself. His new hobby is volunteering for a local railway museum as a conductor and train operator.

Caleb is our 3 year old and will be the guinea pig for my first stab at homeschooling. :) He loves music, trains, playing outdoors, and is addicted to all the Toy Story movies.

Hannah and Joshua are our 11 month old twins. They turn 1 in just a couple weeks! Hannah is very inquisitive and is always taking in her surroundings. Joshua is our laid-back little dude and is quite the cuddler.

I am very excited for this next stage in our family's life and look forward to sharing it with you all. My next posts will tell you a little more about the curriculum and teaching methods I'm planning on using and how I'm getting prepared. School will start August 15th, so it's just around the corner!


The kiddos

No comments:

Post a Comment