Thursday, July 14, 2011

The "School Wall"

My dream house would have a great big play/school room. And a pool. And a movie room. And an indoor laundry room. But I digress.

The only spare room we have in our house is the guest room/office and there is barely enough room for the furniture we have in there already. Luckily, we do have a large, open kitchen that has a big empty wall that will be perfect for school time. There is plenty of wall space to display projects and learning tools. I'm hoping that I can get my very handy husband to build a book shelf like this one I found on 1+1+1=1 that we can put against the wall, as well.


I love the concept of having the books and other activities associated with each week's lessons displayed on the shelves so Caleb can access them at any time. I'm also thinking about having my husband add a fold down table attached to the side that could be an area for Caleb to draw, color, play, etc.

Here is my current blank slate:
This is supposed to be an eat-in kitchen, but we have a front room that was empty and decided to move the dining table in there to re-purpose it as a dining room. I think this space will be perfect.

Just for fun, here are some pictures of our kitchen before, during, and after remodeling it into the big open space we have today. (Note: My husband did all the labor. Told you he was handy!)





No comments:

Post a Comment